Dr Farshad Ghazanfari
GENERAL AND MUSCULOSKELETAL PHYSICIAN
MD, FRACP, MSc
Dr Farshad Ghazanfari is a senior consultant physician in acute and general medicine with special interests in rheumatology, sports medicine and musculoskeletal injuries. He is the founder of Melbourne Arthritis, established in 2014.
Farshad received his acute and general medicine fellowship from the Australasian College of Physicians in 2013, and completed his Masters course in sports and musculoskeletal medicine at University of Queensland in 2018.
Given his diverse experience in internal medicine, acute geriatrics, rheumatology and musculoskeletal medicine in the last 20 years, he aspires to promote his patients’ health on a biopsychosocial level rather than only focusing on the physical body. Farshad endeavours to combine Western medicine and alternative medicine to help his patients utilising mindfulness, therapeutic hypnotherapy, HUESA yoga, pranic healing and more.
Specialty and interests:
- Rheumatology and arthritis
- Elderly arthritis medicine
- Sports and musculoskeletal injuries
- Acute and general medicine
- Metabolic and weight loss management
- Chronic musculoskeletal pain syndromes such as fibromyalgia
- Perioperative medicine and photobiostimulation (cold laser) in arthritis and spine management
- Holistic medicine including mindfulness, pranic healing, reiki and medical hypnosis
Dr Ghazanfari consults at our North Melbourne site.
Masters of Sports Medicine
Masters of Rheumatology Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP)
Australian College of Physicians
American College of Physicians