Mr Gaurang Shah
COLORECTAL & GENERAL SURGEON
MBBS, MS (General Surgery), FRACS
Mr Gaurang Shah offers a variety of minimally invasive and open general surgery but has a keen interest in laparoscopic and open colorectal cancer surgery. He is certified by GESA to perform diagnostic and therapeutic gastroscopy and colonoscopy.
Gaurang graduated from the prestigious M.S. University of Vadodara, India in 2000 and completed his General Surgical training in 2006. He was awarded a Gold Medal for ranking first in General Surgery in the university overall. Upon moving to Melbourne, Australia for further training he worked in the Austin health, Heidelberg for three years and Ballarat Health for two years. He then completed his FRACS in General Surgery from Alfred Health, Melbourne.
After completion of FRACS, Gaurang worked in Townsville University Hospital in North Queensland for further training. He enjoys teaching medical interns and registrars via an honorary appointment at the University of Melbourne, Shepparton.
SURGERIES PERFORMED INCLUDE:
- Anorectal conditions for hemorrhoids, fissure, fistula and prolapse
- Laparoscopic and open colorectal surgery for cancer, diverticular disease and inflammatory bowel disease
- All types of hernia (Laparoscopic and Open)
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy and bile duct surgery for stones
- Emergency general surgery for appendicitis, bowel obstruction, perforation, complicated hernias etc
- Laparoscopic and open Splenectomy
- Skin and subcutaneous lesions excision, Carpal Tunnel Release and Ingrowing toe nails
- Vasectomy and Hydrocele surgery
- Diagnostic and therapeutic gastroscopy and colonoscopy (PEG Tubes, Dilatation of stricture, EMR)
Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery (MBBS)
Masters General Surgery (Gold Medalist)
Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS)
The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
General Surgeons Australia
Indian Medical Council